Ever heard of Makapu’u on the island of Oahu? Chances are, if you’ve been to Oahu or live on Oahu, then you have. But now let me ask you if you’ve ever heard of the Makapu’u tide pools or maybe you have and maybe you even seen it from the top of Makapu’u but never got the chance to take the trip down the mountain side to visit.
Well today that all changes, because WE take you there! Still it’s not exactly the same as experiencing it yourself, but let us give you a brief tour and then you can decide whether or not to take the plunge and dive into this adventure for yourself.
A few little tips we want to share if you do decide to accept this adventure.
- Bring food and lots of water
- Sunscreen or tanning lotion is a great item to have
- Swimsuit, towel and maybe even a blow up pillow to relax on
- Try not to visit if chance of rain – causes a huge waterfall down the mountain side
- Have your cell phone. Not all services work – Verizon is good but AT&T no good
- Tell someone you know that you’re going there – in case something happens
- Observe the tide pools and waves – gives you a feel of what to expect during surge
- On your way back up, just follow the spray painted orange and white arrows
- Last, bring a friend and a camera – its an experience to remember